[POSTPONED] PLAN1001: Secret sauce to a successful "for students by students" event
Do you want to solve the following problems?
You approach companies to request for sponsorship but they never seem to respond? Ticket sales are not doing well and you are stressed about not having a sold out event? You have a lot of tasks to manage for your event, everything is done manually, and it overwhelms you?
Planning events while you are still studying is not easy! You wear multiple hats in your daily life; student, member of an interest group, part-time waiter, and event organiser.
Sounds familiar? This Youth Edition of Backstage Pass was made with you in mind. We sought out the experts in the field to help you solve the problems that are commonly faced by youth event organisers.
What we will discuss:
Pravind Paul (SIM-GE, President of Toastmasters, Organizer of Encender):
- Difficulties faced when sourcing for sponsors & successful tactics
- Tips on balancing your budget
- How to manage your team
Shilpa S Nath (Peatix, Community Manager, Organizer of Echelon & Backstage Pass)
- Tools that will make life easier when planning events at all stages
Grab early-bird youth organiser tickets at $8: RSV-Pea today!
Backstage Pass by Peatix is a community event for event organisers - exchange lessons, connect with people who enable events and grow as a group. We're in our 13th session!
Meet our speakers
- Pravind Paul is a public speaker on issues of entrepreneurship, leadership, uncertainty and philosophy. As a founder of an On-demand-local educational service startup and president of a Toastmasters club in a business university, he applies and consolidates a unique statistically driven perspective on event management.
- Shilpa S Nath has been organizing events for the past 10 years. She has organised Echelon, Southeast Asia's largest tech conference for startups that was attended by 3,000 participants from over 30 countries. Currently, she is part of the Peatix team where she works with event organisers to bring better experiences to attendees.
- Am I considered an "event organiser?" Peatix encourages events of all kinds to blossom - anything from tech talks, workshops and classes to theatre, art performances to parties, gigs to private dinners and gatherings. So yes, you're probably one without knowing it.
- I provide relevant services (audio-visual services, photobooth rental, app) - can I attend? Yes, we're an inclusive community. At the same time, organisers prefer to mostly meet other organisers. We require vendors to pay a higher entry of $25 and respect that this event is not a platform for selling services.
- Why can't I buy more than 4 tickets in one transaction? Diversity is important to us - come meet new friends!
- Vegetarian or Halal food? Yes! Please let us know in advance.
- Why isn't the event free? We serve food at wonderful venues. The price is not designed to be a barrier - we offer discounts to students, youths and dreamers.
- What's your refund policy? We understand that things may crop up. Feel free to transfer your ticket or approach us for a refund.
- Can I pay at the door? Yes you can, but at $20.
- Are you looking for partners? Glad you asked - please drop us a line.
- Who organises this? The Community Manager at Peatix Singapore - Shilpa S Nath.
- More questions? Contact email@example.com.
- The event description was updated. Diff#153909 2016-03-09 08:46:20